When buying a new range, you want to be sure you select one that not only suits how you cook in the kitchen but can also grow with your needs and changing habits. So when deciding what type of range best meets your requirements—both present and future—you have to consider the different configurations that will impact your kitchen.
To help you navigate the best fit, this post explains what makes a Thor freestanding gas range different from other styles and manufacturers and helps you decide whether a freestanding range is right for you.
Thor Freestanding Gas Range vs Slide-Ins and Built-Ins
Freestanding ranges, slide-in ranges, and built-in ranges are the three main types of kitchen ranges available, and they differ in their design and installation requirements. To better understand which one works best for you, we give you a comparison between freestanding ranges and the other two types:
- Stand-alone design: Freestanding ranges are designed to stand alone and do not require surrounding cabinetry or countertop modifications. They can be placed anywhere in the kitchen with enough space and the proper gas or electrical connections.
- Finished sides and back: Freestanding ranges have finished sides and a back panel, so they look attractive from all angles. This means they don't need to be placed against a wall or between cabinets.
- Affordable: Freestanding ranges are often more budget-friendly compared to other types of ranges because they don't require custom cabinetry or installation.
- Standard sizing: Freestanding ranges come in standard widths, making them relatively easy to replace or upgrade without major changes to your kitchen's setup.
- Versatile styles: Freestanding ranges come in various styles and finishes, providing a wide range of design choices to suit your kitchen aesthetics.
- Ease of installation: If you’re simply replacing another range, you can find a slide-in version in standard widths to easily swap out with your old one.
- Custom cabinetry: Slide-in ranges are designed to fit within a space between cabinets. They provide a seamless look, as the countertop meets the sides of the range.
- Price range: Slide-in ranges come in a variety of styles and pricing, but they can be more expensive than freestanding ranges if you have to customize your existing cabinetry.
- Separate oven and cooktop: Built-in ranges consist of a separate wall oven and cooktop, which can be installed in different locations within the kitchen. This setup offers flexibility in design and cooking preferences.
- Custom cabinetry: Wall ovens and built-in ranges often require custom cabinetry and installation, especially if you want a seamless, built-in appearance.
- Expensive: Built-in ranges are typically the most expensive option due to needing a separate wall oven as well as custom cabinetry and installation.
- Space efficiency: Built-in ranges may be a good choice for kitchens with limited space, as they can be installed in more compact configurations.
In summary, the key differences between freestanding ranges and other types lie in their standalone design, affordability, and versatility. Freestanding ranges are a popular choice for kitchens where budget, space, and versatility are important considerations. Slide-in ranges offer a built-in look with easy front control access, while built-in ranges may require more customization but offer a configuration that works for your cooking habits. Your choice will depend on your kitchen layout as well as your cooking and aesthetic preferences.
Determining Whether a Thor Freestanding Gas Range Is Right for You
A freestanding gas range can be a great choice for your kitchen, but whether it’s the right fit for you depends on your kitchen design and your needs. So consider these benefits of a freestanding range:
- Ease of installation: Freestanding gas ranges are designed to stand on their own, making them easy to install. They don't require custom cabinetry or additional modifications to your kitchen.
- Versatility: Freestanding ranges can be placed anywhere in your kitchen, allowing for more flexibility in kitchen design and layout. You can easily move them if needed.
- Affordability: Freestanding gas ranges are often more budget-friendly compared to built-in or slide-in ranges, which may require additional installation and customization costs.
- Standard sizing: Freestanding ranges typically come in standard widths, which makes them easy to replace or upgrade without major changes to your kitchen's setup.
- Finished sides: Freestanding ranges have finished sides and a back panel, so they look attractive from all angles. This means they don't need to be placed against a wall or between cabinets.
- Quick installation: You can usually install a freestanding gas range quickly, as it doesn't require the precision fitting and installation that built-in or slide-in ranges do.
- Variety of designs: Freestanding gas ranges come in various designs and finishes to match your kitchen's aesthetics. They often have a professional or modern look, offering a wide range of choices.
- Resale value: A freestanding gas range is an attractive feature for potential homebuyers, potentially increasing the resale value of your home.
Consider your kitchen's layout and design preferences when choosing a range. If you have a customized kitchen or prefer a seamless, built-in look, a slide-in or built-in range might be a better choice. However, Thor freestanding gas ranges can also be used in the same way as slide-ins. Plus, freestanding ranges are particularly well-suited for kitchens with more flexible designs.
10 Reasons to Buy Thor Freestanding Gas Range
If you think a freestanding gas range suits your needs, then consider the top 10 reasons why buying Thor products can make a difference:
- Professional-style design: Thor freestanding gas ranges feature a professional-style design, resembling those found in commercial kitchens. They typically have a stainless steel finish, large knobs, and robust handles, giving them a sleek and high-end appearance.
- Dual fuel options: Many Thor ranges are dual fuel, which means they combine a gas cooktop with an electric oven. This offers precise control on the stovetop for tasks like boiling and searing while providing even baking and roasting in the oven.
- Spacious ovens: Thor gas ranges often come with large oven capacities, allowing you to cook multiple dishes simultaneously. This is particularly useful for those who enjoy entertaining or have large families.
- Powerful burners: Thor Kitchen gas ranges are known for their powerful burners, which can deliver high BTU (British Thermal Unit) outputs. This is ideal for achieving quick heating and precise temperature control.
- Continuous grates: Many Thor gas ranges have continuous grates over the cooktop, making it easy to move pots and pans between burners. This design is also helpful for stability and safety.
- Convection cooking: Convection ovens are common in Thor Kitchen ranges. Convection technology uses a fan to circulate hot air, ensuring even cooking and browning of food.
- Variety of sizes: Thor freestanding gas ranges come in various sizes, so you can choose one that fits your kitchen space and cooking needs.
- Sealed burners: Sealed burners help contain spills and make cleanup easier. They also prevent food from falling into hard-to-reach areas.
- Diverse cooking modes: Thor ranges usually come with a variety of cooking modes, such as bake, broil, convection bake, and more, enhancing your cooking versatility.
- Price range: Thor gas ranges are often considered more budget-friendly compared to some other premium appliance brands, making them a popular choice for those looking for high-quality kitchen equipment without a stratospheric price tag.
When you’re ready to enhance your cooking and kitchen aesthetic with a professional gas range, look no further than Premier Home Supply. With a wide variety of styles and widths, you can find the perfect Thor freestanding gas range to fit the needs of your kitchen and elevate your cooking.